Toronto adopted its Vision Zero Road Safety Plan in 2017. Between that date and our meet-up, nearly 100 pedestrians and cyclists were killed in accidents on the road. On September 5, 2018, we rang the alarm and called for meaningful action on this road safety crisis, hosting an interactive panel discussion exploring solutions to with experts, designers, policy makers, advocates and thought leaders, and moderator Steve Paikin of TVO’s The Agenda.
Road safety and street design experts
- Polly Trottenberg, Commissioner, N.Y.C. Department of Transportation
- Gil Penalosa, Founder and Chair, 8 80 Cities
- Barbara Gray, General Manager, Transportation Services, City of Toronto
- Liliana Quintero, Transportation Engineer, City of Vancouver
- Mike Layton, Toronto City Council
- Anne Harris, Assistant Professor, School of Occupational and Public Health, Ryerson University
- Raktim Mitra, Associate Professor, School of Urban and Regional Planning, Ryerson University
- Nancy Smith Lea, Director, Toronto Centre for Active Transportation
#CrossroadsTO in the news
- Globe and Mail: N.Y. transportation commissioner: There’s a public hunger for better options than the automobile
- CBC Metro Morning: Vision Zero in NYC: How could it inform Toronto’s approach?
- Breakfast Television Toronto: Polly Trottenberg interview re. “Toronto’s Streets at a Crossroads”
See our Twitter Moment |
Watch our official trailer and the meet-up livecast