"The last mile" is the trek commuters make between a major transit station and home or work, filling a public transit gap. As the GTHA is expected to grow by 3 million people over the next 25 years, this often arduous "last mile" experience will affect more and more commuters. We hosted this meet-up on September 20, 2016 for over 150 people. Steve Paikin of TVO's The Agenda moderated a discussion between panelists and members about "the last mile" how to make it better.
City builders and transit experts
The Last Mile in the news
- Multimodal Solutions: Responding to Growing Congestion
- Last Mile forum targets weak spots of Toronto transit networks
- Ryerson University hosts sold-out discussion panel on ‘last mile’ dilemma
- Is the last leg of your commute the hardest? You’re not alone
- Why GTA transit has one ‘last mile’ to go