A major redesign of downtown Yonge Street has been in the works for years, but has taken on a new urgency under COVID-19, which has highlighted the need for more and better public space in our dense neighbourhoods and along our main streets. In our upcoming free webinar, “Walk This Way: redesigning downtown Yonge to put people first,” we examine new perspectives on street design, and how they can inform the City’s yongeTOmorrow project.
Grab a cup of joe and join us for this expert discussion on Thursday, June 4 at 3 PM.
- Moderated by Globe and Mail urban affairs reporter Oliver Moore
- Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam (Toronto City Council, Ward 13 – Toronto Centre)
- Mark Garner (Executive Director and CEO, Downtown Yonge BIA)
- Dr. Zhixi Zhuang (Associate Professor, School of Urban and Regional Planning, Ryerson University)
- Renée Daoust (Founding Partner, Architect and Urban Planner), whose firm Daoust Lestage is known for creating public spaces that stimulate public interest and economic development, including Montreal’s Quartier des Spectacles, and nearby revitalization of rue Sainte-Catherine.
Urban Innovation Café is our discussion series focusing on innovative approaches to critical urban issues. Join us for solutions-based conversation with industry thought leaders, academics, practitioners and policy makers, moderated by top journalists.