Yonge Street is downtown’s iconic main street, and it’s poised for a major redesign.
What could a people-centred redesign – with wider sidewalks, new patios and public spaces, and even full pedestrianization – mean for the neighbourhood and for Ryerson?
On this Jane’s Walk, we’ll walk and talk about how a revitalized Yonge Street could improve campus quality of life, business vitality, and neighbourhood liveability – and how we can all support this bold vision.
You’ll hear from some voices with a vision, including:
- Steven Ziegler, Downtown Yonge BIA
- Ken Greenberg, Ryerson City Building Institute
- Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam
- Molly Anthony, Ryerson Campus Planning
- Ryerson professor, Dr. Zhixi Zhuang, urban planner, researcher & SURP faculty
Where and When
Friday, May 4, 4:00 – 5:30 pm
Meet at the big rocks at Ryerson Community Park (at the corner of Victoria and Gould Streets)
No RSVP required – just show up!