The City of Toronto is redesigning Yonge Street so it better serves Torontonians in the 21st century. How can Yonge Street accommodate more pedestrians, improve the public realm, and balance higher density with the public needs of the neighbourhood?
Join the the Ryerson City Building Institute for a Meet-Up that brings together leading city builders and the public to discuss the future of Yonge Street.
This event will be Livestreamed and available for viewing once the event is complete.
Moderated by Steve Paikin, host of TVO’s The Agenda
Our featured “unpanel” includes:
• Jennifer Keesmaat, Chief Planner, City of Toronto
• Mohamed Lachemi, President and Vice-Chancellor, Ryerson University
• Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam, Ward 27 Toronto Centre-Rosedale, City of Toronto
• Mark Garner, Chief Operating Officer & Executive Director, Downtown Yonge (Yonge St. BIA)
• Gary Switzer, Chief Executive Officer, MOD Developments
• John Archer, Chief Development Officer, 360 Collective
• Derek Lee, Partner, PWL Landscape Architects (Granville Street, Vancouver)
• Anjali Mishra, Project Manager: Infrastructure, Roads and Transport Services, City of Montreal (rue Sainte Catherine, Montreal)
This Meet-Up will explore some of the findings in the recent Yonge Love report by the Downtown Yonge Business Improvement Area. You can download a copy of the report here.
View the Yonge Love Meet-Up Video and Photogallery at the Yonge Love Meet-Up Page.